Sunday, November 8, 2009

16 Weeks

We are now just 4 short weeks away from the halfway point! HOLY COW BATMAN I can't believe we are almost halfway through this journey.

Heartburn has seemed to give me a break this week which is always so nice! I can't stand the chalky taste of them, even the flavored ones! I lived off of these with Audree and was even put on Zantac 75 because it was so bad.


Belly is DEF growing and some days I feel like I am HUGE for 16 weeks and some days I feel like I'm NORMAL size for 16 weeks.


As for the movement and flutters, Im still feeling them and it feels like peanut jr is tap dancing on my uterus! I'll feel movement and then it seems like several days will go by before I feel the baby move again.

Audree gets really excited to hear the baby, we listen to him or her every night before bed. She runs in the living room and tells Brettt "Daddy mere mere, baby" over and over until he comes in there. Its really cute and I have to get it on video!! Audree likes to help find the baby and hold the doppler. When she hears the baby's heartbeat she says "Shhh.... baby" haha She is way to cute!! Here are some pics of her helping find the baby. I use Cocoa Butter instead of the doppler gel because I actually hear it better with the lotion.

















How your baby's growing:


Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

How your life's changing:

The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.

How Far Along? 16 weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss? -10 lbs when I weighed earlier this week
Maternity Clothes: On the weekends, scrubs during the week
Sleep: Well lets see im averaging around 3 times to pee a night haha sometimes I try to hold it as long as I can, needless to say the bladder always wins!
Best Moment of the Week: Feeling more movements
Movement- still flutters
Morning sickness? nope
Gender- we will know Nov 24th, hopefully our little peanut cooperates
Labor Signs- NOWAY!!! Better not have any for a loooooong time either
Belly Button-waaaaaaaaaaaaay in! (never popped out with Audree)
What I miss-even though its TOTALLY worth it, sleeping through the night
What I'm looking forward to- to start feeling big kicks and rolls, my tummy to grow grow grow, our gender ultrasound
Milestones- in our 2nd trimester and getting closer to the halfway mark!

Ive done a belly comparison picture from this baby and Audree.

16 Weeks With Peanut Jr

16 Weeks With Audree

*Notice Im still wearing regular shorts at this point in time with Audree haha so depressing

1 comment:

~Shelly~ said...

aw! u look the same at 16 weeks to me (as u were with aud)! i know alot of girls who were alot bigger then 2nd go around. i will be one of those i can already tell!
lookin good mama, keep up the good work!