Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4 yr wedding anniversary

okay so I probably wont be on the computer tomorrow. We are heading out to San Antonio tomorrow morning around 8 am!

What can I say. 4 years.... 4 years together in marriage with the love of my life. I can not believe how fast the years have flown by us. We have been together for 7 and united in marriage for 4.

If you would have asked me 14 years ago if I thought I would end up married to Brett I would have laughed in your face. Yes I was only 10 years old when we met and I was most likely not thinking about marriage. You see Brett & I rode the same bus to school when we were younger. We talked from time to time but nothing major. We ended up talking more when we hit high school.

So I will restate the above question. If you asked me 11 years ago if I thought I would be married to Brett I would have looked at you like you were crazy. I just had a thought in my head that we were better off friends. We tried the dating thing and it just didn't work out. We actually tried the dating thing more than 1 time. We went to homecoming together in 10th grade and that was actually the night of our first kiss.

I actually got grounded from my car the 1st day of my Jr yr because I took a girl to lunch that my mom didn't like. haha what a rebel huh? So in return Brett offered to take me to school everyday and bring me home. I have to admit during this time my feelings grew so strong for him but I never knew if he felt the same way.

On March 1 2002 he asked me out. I said yes and we would just take it slow from there. We hung out, had fun, went on dates and just were the normal teenage couple. When he graduated from high school that May he went on a Sr trip with some friends to Mexico. It killed me inside to know he would be in another country and wouldn't be able to talk to me a lot. I stayed with him the night before he left until 2 that morning. I cried when he left. The next day I stayed up crying because I missed him so much. Courtney & I even tried calling the hotel in Mexico to try and track him down (haha remember that court?). That is when I realized that this was more than just a high school romance. He flew home early and I went with his dad to pick him up. I cried when I saw him and jumped into his arms when I saw him. I know from that day forward i would be with Brett until the day that I died.

We moved in together the day after I graduated (May 03) and he proposed to me December 20, 2003. We started planning our wedding and united as one on April 9 2005. The day that we got married was one of the best days of my life (it is tied with Audree's birth).

Brett & I are still in love, more now than we have ever been. Our feelings and emotions have grown so strong for each other. Some people say over time their emotions and feelings die or they change. Yes they are right they do change, but in our case they have changed into deeper emotions.

Brett you have made me the happiest woman on this Earth. You have treated me like I was a princess since the day we met. You made my life complete once you gave me the most precious gift from God. Audree is my most prized possession and I know she is yours too. You are the best daddy and husband anyone could have ever asked for.



















3 comments:

The Pifer's said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! Hope ya'll have a fun trip and a great day!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Brett asked our teacher at MCC if he could leave early bc he was getting married that weekend and had lots of family coming in! the teacher was like YES, WHY ARE U STILL HERE?? lol
love that dress, ive seen it somewhere before..LOL

Ashley said...

Hope ya'll have a Happy Anniversary and a fun family trip!!!