Thursday, March 25, 2010

SCARY!!!



I went in to the Dr yesterday afternoon (unscheduled) due to a scary event. I was sitting at work and all the sudden I lost peripheral vision. I stayed calm but was like what in the heck is happening!! So I took my contacts out thinking they could be the culprit with film or something over it. I took them out and needless to say my eyes only got worse. I started seeing huge black spots and couldn't even make out the screen. I stayed calm, called a co-worker out to where I was and we waited it out. I called my optometrist and he said he thought I might be having an occular migraine, but he sent me to an opthomoligst. I called Brett to tell him & he said "Ape I think you need to call Dr K". I hesitated but thought okay why not..........

Dr was paged as he was out of the office and he wanted me to take the rest of the day off as well as today. I honestly didn't think it was anything too serious or crazy, so I decided to wait until my boss got back from lunch before I left. I was working again and it starts all over. I panicked this time and called Brett bawling my eyes out. I was scared, nervous, & just wanted to know what was happening. I called the Dr office back and they wanted to see me. So off I went..... I had a trace of protein in my urine, eyes were a tiny bit dilated (according to the nurse), eyes were red, and my blood pressure was 150/86. I had to see my Dr's partner for the appt which made me even more nervous. I trust my Dr with my entire LIFE so to see someone else is tough. He explained I could be hypoglycemic and I needed to eat every 45 minutes, like a snack nothing big. So I was satisfied, went home, laid on the couch and remained there until bedtime.

I woke up this morning and felt really good! I dropped Audree off at her grammy's and I headed into work. At 10:15 this morning it hit again, and yes I freaked out once again. We took my BP right away and it was 150/94, then we re-took it in my left arm and it was 138/100. We also checked my blood sugar since he said I could be hypoglycemia but that was 77 which is normal. Baffled I called the hubby again crying and said I just want to feel better. He told me to call Dr K, so I did, he wanted to send me to L&D and of course that made me cry even harder. I said "Dr K I'm scared!". He said he could easily monitor me there, they could run labs, monitor Ashlyn & have a count of my blood pressure. I had to wait for Brett to come and get me so we got to the hospital about a hr and a half later by the time we were checked in. I got hooked up to the monitors and laid there for 4 hours.

My BP was fine the entire time, I mean never got above 115/75 so of course I felt like an idiot. I know its better to be safe than sorry but I didn't' have one episode while there. Dr thinks I could be having migraines, but just not getting the migraine part. I get dizzy, blurred vision, see spots, get nausea but only get a minor headache. I think were still a little baffled. Brett thinks I could be stressing out at work and its triggering it, not really sure though. They ran blood work and we jammed to Ashlyn's heartbeat for about 4 hrs. the hubby entertained me since we didn't have a tv or anything in there and we got to spend some time with the 2 well 3 of us! Everything came back fine and dandy so we were sent home.

We were released and said to take it easy the next few days. I go back to see Dr K Tuesday for my normal Dr appt, so hoping I can stay away until then. Only 20 more days until sweet little Ashlyn is here, we have to hang in there until then!!

No comments: