Monday, November 7, 2011

Gettin Our Craft On....

Hi, my name is Apryle and I am addicted to pinterest. If you haven't been to this website, you REALLY need to check it out. I mean I check it several times a day, look at several different things and get TONS of ideas for things I want to make.



This past weekend we made 2 Thanksgiving crafts. We had SOOOOOO much fun making them, I hope we can keep doing these for all the holidays and just craft time around our home!




The first thing we made was a Turkey Light. Basically we painted the girls hands with acrylic paint, pressed their hands onto the glass cube, made a few little touch ups, put christmas lights in the cube and TA DA there you have it, a tukrey light. It always makes a really cute keepsake. Every Thanksgiving we can see how much the girls hands have grown :)





The second project we made were turkey shirts for the girls to wear throughout the month. Not let me tell you now, I AM NOT A SEAMSTRESS, never have a never will be. Needle and thread are like oil and water with me, we do NOT mix!!!

I have seen these turkey shirts ALL over ETSY! They wanted like $20 a shirt plus shipping. I thought about it and finally said instead of spending $50+ on 2 shirts, why dont I try to make them. A friend of mine, Ashlee, made some for her 2 girls. With some tips for her, some guidiance from my mother's friend on using under wonder, and my some what craft skills we accomplished our mission in making the shirts!





No comments: