Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Turkey Day!

Well another Thanks"you"giving as Audree called it, has come and gone. As usual we ran around like chickens with our head cut off.


Thanksgiving morning we put our Christmas tree up as a family so we didn't have to do it that evening. The girls were so stinking cute putting all of the ornaments on it. Ashlyn did VERY good and hasn't even messed with the three (knock on wood).










First stop was my Nana's. I made my first ever homemade dressing. It was HUGE hit with everyone!! We actually ended up having it my mom & stepdads. We had food coming out of our ears. My aunt made the best twice baked mashed potatoes Ive ever eaten! I also made my famous sopapilla cheesecake which is always gone pretty quick.

Second stop was my inlaws. My father in law bought a 27 lb turkey that they named "Hank". Every year one of the kids gets to name the turkey, yes I know it sounds crazy. I was so stuffed from the previous thanksgiving that I couldn't bring myself to eat. I picked at a roll and watched everyone else eat lol Afterwards I plopped my rear in my nieces bed and took about a hour nap.

The third stop was my dad's house. There was no way in heckidoodles we could eat, so we just visited with them. The girls love going to my dad's house and playing. Their fa vorite thing of course is the stairs. We were getting ready to leave when Audree said she wanted to stay at Pop Pop's house for a bit. SO we left her there and they brough her home around 9:30 that night.

My stepmom & I hit up Black Friday! First stop was Walmart. They had a Minnie Mouse scooter on sale that was PERFECT for Audree. She told Santa that she wanted one, so she will be so stinking surprised Christmas morning. I also grabbed Ashlyn an Ariel (Little Mermaid) vanity that lights up & sings for her big Santa gift. Walmart was ABSOLUTLEY INSANE. I mean there were people everywhere. Even though I got some WONDERFUL savings, I will never ever do Black Friday shopping at Walmart again.


Overall we had an AMAZING Thanksgiving!


No comments: