Now let me remind you our 2 outside dogs aren't small at all. In fact Boscoe (our bassett hound) weighs around 80 pounds and Tipzee (our Heinz 57) weight close to 60 pounds. I put on my swimsuit and got ready to tackle this adventure. AND BOY WAS IT AN ADVENTURE!
Brett hooked the water hose and everything up for me. The dogs knew what was coming and they stayed their distance. Tipzee was brave and went first. As soon as I turned the water in she was NOT liking me very much. I could hold her by myself so it wasn't too bad. I think she ended up liking the bath lol
Boscoe was NOT ready for a bath. In fact he ran up next to the backdoor and pretended he was asleep. Of course Brett & I thought it was hilarious but we knew we were in for trouble when it was time to get him. I hooked a leash on him so I could control him better. When I went to walk with him, I got jerked back because well he didn't move. He just sat there and looked at me lol. Brett got him over to where the water hose was. I turned it on, his collar slipped off and he ran a bit. Brett got him and pulled him back to me. I FINALLY got him still enough to scrub him down really good. He was making all kinds of moans and groans lol When it came time to rinse him, Brett had to hold him with a lot of force. Boscoe is STRONG! The girls thought we were hurting him because of the noises Boscoe was making. If youve ever heard a Bassett Hound Bark and Groan you know EXACTLY what I mean.
We finally got them all clean and sparkly!
No comments:
Post a Comment