Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

Our weekend was so much fun!! We spent it with just us.................... our little happy family!

Yesterday morning miss priss decided she was going to wake us up at the crack of dawn!! It was 6:00 AM when she started stirring! We laid in bed half awake half asleep, then all the sudden Audree starts talking to us through the monitor! It's pretty amusing to hear her talking, she doesn't wake up crying! I got up, fed her the bottle, and she laid back down til around 7:30. We all got ready and went and had a family breakfast at our FAVORITE place Lolitas! Oh... I just ♥ their burritos and salsa! After breakfast we went to HEB and did grocery shopping!
We went to church last night and we were all decked out in our UT apparel, even Audree had her's on! Everyone at church got a big kick out it and said we were the cutest little family. After church we came home and got ready for the UT game... HOOK EM HORNS!! UT kicked UTEP (University of Texas El Paso) butt! I had to shut Audree's door because daddy like to get really loud when UT plays!!

Today daddy let mommy sleep in until 10:30!! YES I SLEPT THAT LATE! I was so shocked! I mean since Audree has been born, I haven't really slept in that much, but it was much needed sleep! We got ready and went to lunch at Don Carlos! We have heard good things about it so we decided we were gonna try it! Their salsa is alright, it could be hotter! We also tried their cheese dip, but i wouldn't recommend it. It didn't have very much flavor! I got their chicken fajita nachos and they were pretty darn good!! Brett got some combo platter and it was a TON of food! They brought it out to him in sections! HAHA Audree was being a little fussy girl because she was so tired but was fighting her sleep! She finally conked out while sitting straight up in my lap! She is such a little toot! NOW we are home and getting ready for the COWBOYS to play! After we get little miss in bed; we are going to watch a movie.... What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas!!

Most of you know that Brett and I have been dealing with some issues regarding his family. We have decided that we are better than this as people and are going to be the bigger people regarding certain situations. During church Saturday we were talking about Heros and what is means to be one not only from a Biblical stance but also from a personal stance and how others view us. Brett & I discussed things when we got home and I decided you know what this isn't how I want to live my life. I dont want to walk around with hatred in me, I dont want to belittle someone or certain people who do mean something to my husband. It hurts him when things like that are said and when he is hurt I am hurt. I have forgiven, but not forgotten and that is okay. I have a right to be upset, and hurt but I will not let it affect how I live my life. My husband & dughter mean more than life itself to me!! They are what matters most and that is where all of my attention is going to be focused.

This weekend has been one of the best weekends for my husband and I. We have reconnected in ways I thought would never happen! We have spent every moment with each other and I got butterflies in my tummy several times this weekend! It is such a wonderful feeling to be with the man you love with all of your heart and soul. I know things have changed for the better and we are going to continue to be our happy little family that we have created!

Tomorrow I am off work and get to stay at home with Audree! YAY!! Just mommy & daughter time and I can't wait! I think we will go shopping for a Halloween costume and loko at some SPOOKY decorations! Its Audree's FIRST Halloween and she is going to be the cutest little baby out there!!

3 comments:

The Pifer's said...

I LOVE LOVE Don Carlos; I've been there 3 times already haha!!!! I love there cheese dip, we get the kind with sausage in it and it's to die for!!! I agree there salsa could be a little hotter, but it's still wonderful. mmmm....your making me want it again and we just had it last night haha!!! Glad you had a good weekend!!!!

lots of love said...

hey where is that place you guys went to eat at? never heard of it but it sounds good!

Anonymous said...

i havent been there yet. we tried the other night but it was a 2 hr wait. so we went to olive garden instead!
im so glad about the family situation. maybe they will grow up too and learn to live with their mistakes.