Monday, November 17, 2008

9 Month Checkup

Well today was Audree's 9 month checkup!

As we were waiting in the waiting room we saw one of her NICU nurses and she recognized us! She was telling us how big Audree had gotten and how beautiful she was. I was so happy to see her nurse!! We talked about the NICU for a bit, but then it was our turn to be called back.

She weighs in at a whopping 20.5 pounds and is 28.5 inches long! Her head was around 17 inches I think. She is in the 75% for everything and the Dr said she looks WONDERFUL!

She said we could start feeding Audree table food, which made me sad :o( I just can't imagine feeding her grown up food. She also said we need to start practicing with the sippy cup because in 3 months YES JUST 3 MONTHS Audree will be completley off the bottle. She also said we could get Audree some gerber finger foods too!

Audree also got her 2nd round of the flu shot today and I cried along with Audree. I have been telling her NO SHOTS this time! I didn't know they gave babise 2 rounds of shots for the flu their first year. So Audree screamed bloody murder and I picked her up and we cried together. Audree has also been crying when I leave the room, so I questioned the Dr about it and she said she is having seperation anxiety. I said well she doesn't do it with my husband at all. I mean Brett will have her and Ill walk out of the room and BAM here comes the screaming. I walk back in the room and she stops immediatley! She said that its just something that some babies go through.

Tonight after the Dr's appointment I went straight to H-E-B and got her some finger puffs, stage 3 foods, and a sippy cup. I put some finger puffs on her high chair tray and she just moved them all around her tray laughing. HAHA It was really cute. I had to put them in her mouth though because she was too busy playing and making a mess with them. Our first go around with spaghetti (stage 3) didn't go so well. Audree kept coughing and acting like she was choking (which she wasn't, I have an actress for a daughter). So then I decided we would give the sippy cup a whirl. YEAH NO LUCK WITH THAT EITHER. She took one suck and looked at me like I was CRAZY! I only got her to take about .5 oz of her juice and she threw a fit after that. So I ended up putting her juice back in a bottle and let her finish it.

I can't believe my little booger is growing so fast!!

1 comment:

Emily White said...

I am pretty sure they have to get the flu shot in 2 doses up to 4 years old. Last time Laura got it she had it in 2 doses.