Sunday, November 23, 2008

Table Food

At our 9 month checkup last week the Dr told us that we need to start letting Audree experiment with table food. Everyone who knows me knows that Im scared to death of her choking. I always make sure things are very thin and runny so itll just slide right down. My first step was letting her have some finger puffs. They are in shapes of little stars and I even broke those up into tiny pieces. I have been getting braver and finally let her have them whole and TA DA she didn't choke on them!! So tonight I cooked chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. I gave Audree a little bit of all 3 and put them on her highchair tray. I turned around to wash some dishes, then looked back and little miss had mixed it all together and she was having a blast doing it. She hasn't really gotten down the concept of putting things in her mouth yet, but thats probably due to me always telling her no and not put her hands in her mouth! Anywho she ate the food and did so great!! I can't believe we are now on to table food. Of course I still feed her baby food veggies and fruits too, we are on stage 3 which Audree does NOT like. I think its the thickness and texture of it. She finally likes Chicken Noodle and Green Beans and Rice but she HATES Spaghetti. She has also taken to the sippy cup no more crying when I give it to her!! Im so excited!! She only has 3 month left on the bottle.... :o(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puffs are Kinleys FAVORITE! she is going to turn into a puff i swear! Kinley always surprises me with what she can eat- as far as how big the peices are! Im always scared too!
Aud will do just fine Im sure! It is all a huge learning experience not only for her but for us 1st time mommies too!